The psychometric test for recruitment has become the mandatory requirement that must be cracked by the individuals who want to seek a particular job. These kinds of tests are designed to check the job seekers on various parameters like intelligence, personality, professional maturity, and emotional balance. These kinds of tests are to be undertaken by the applicants of the job so that they can be rightly placed as per their skills. Gone are the days when having an impressive resume was enough to get your dream job.
Now, the recruiters want skills so that the employees can contribute to the worth of the organization using his/her abilities and capabilities. There is a hurdle in the form of psychometric tests which has to be cleared by all the candidates so that they can get the letter of appointment from the company. Using these tests as a part of the selection process is the phenomenon adopted by companies nowadays. All the companies like private and government companies are using this to get the best of the employees for the jobs. These tests are designed using varying difficulty levels which the job seekers have to cross to prove that they are worth getting the job.
Different types of tests are there to check the skills and capabilities present in the employees. The results of these tests form the basis of decision-making about recruiting those particular people. This test is extensively used by all the recruiters so that they can screen the people and find the perfect and the most deserving candidate for the vacancy. There are several reasons for which these tests are in practice. Some of them have been mentioned as follows:
- This is a reliable indicator: By using this test, one can get the data which is a highly reliable indicator of the job performance of the employees. This will help to judge the future performance of the employees with regard to the skills and capabilities possessed by them. As per some studies, the selections made by these tests have proven to be very effective and efficient in terms of job performance.
- Helps to make the process easy: The process of recruitment is all about motivating more and more people to apply for the job so that the company can get a wide pool of resources to select from. These tests help to choose things easily and make the processes very simple. This can also help to save a lot of time, efforts and costs of the company.
- Help in the assessment of the candidates: This test helps to assess the skills and capabilities of the individuals with a high level of accuracy using several matters. Such subjective assessments about the concepts like stress management are done here so that it helps to get an idea about the personality traits of the individual. One can also judge the capacity of work and the ability to maintain cordial relations with co-workers using this test.
- Helps to measure the skills: These kinds of tests are very well known for measuring the skills efficiently and effectively. The process to measure the competencies is also very easy using this test. The qualitative and quantitative traits are also very well measured using this test.
The word psychometric comes from two words which are psycho and metric which means that measurement of mental related things. These are undertaken to check the abilities of the people and to also check whether he or she is capable of applying for the job or not. This can also be done to check if the person possesses the traits which are required by the company or not. All of this sounds very easy and simple but in actual it is not so as there is an in-depth assessment required of both the objective and subjective traits of individuals. This is another method to cross-check the skills written in the CV with the actual skills possessed by the person. Sometimes the people write anything in CV but in actual they lack all those qualities.
These tests not only relate to the assessment but also include the following activities as well:
- Job aptitude: The qualitative aspects like the job aptitude are also measured using this test. This can also help the employee to handle the stress very effectively and is a great way to measure the personality. One can learn new skills and abilities using this as well.
- Capabilities and Personality: This test also helps to give an idea about the capabilities possessed by the individuals so that they can be very well matched with the things written in the resume. The personality is a total of traits that are possessed by a person and this test also gives an idea about the personality of individuals. One can very well come to know that a person is an extrovert or introvert. In addition to all this, one can also have an idea about the professional maturity of the people.
- Educational traits: The test also gives an idea about the education-related things like intelligence and emotional quotient of the individuals. The skills in both qualitative and quantitative terms can also be measured here.
Furthermore, tests can also be divided into aptitudes, such as the Wonderlic Test, the Watson Glaser Test, and personality tests such as the Leadership Test, the Hogan Assessment and etc. People can also have the logical reasoning, numerical or verbal test so that one can have an idea about the existing skills of the individuals. The personality test can be used to judge the behavior of individuals in various situations. So before appearing for all such tests, one must practice well so as to have higher chances of getting the job.