Every day, millions of packages are delivered by thousands of delivery drivers working for companies like FedEx.
They are the ones responsible for getting your stuff to you on time.
And for that, they are under constant pressure to meet very strict deadlines.
So, despite having the best record for safety, FedEx alone is responsible for hundreds of accidents every year.
This brings us back to the question, What do I do if FedEx hit my car?
Hey, like any other vehicle, it is still a truck.
Nothing changes if it belongs to FedEx or any other company.
After being in a car crash, your safety comes first.
So, to prevent further accidents, turn on your hazard lights and move your vehicle to the side of the road if you can.
Otherwise, get out of your car and move to the side yourself.
Check to see if you’re injured or not.
And call for medical assistance just in case.
DID YOU KNOW?
In 2023, FedEx drivers have been involved in 285 accidents, resulting in 7 fatalities and 105 injuries.
Hey, you’ve just been in an accident.
And no matter who is responsible for the accident, it still happened, so make sure that you get the other driver’s insurance and other info.
This will make things easier for you when you file your claims.
Now that you have exchanged information and made sure of your safety, you need to start the documentation process.
Check for any damages to your car and the FedEx vehicle, and look for any witnesses or cameras around the accident scene that may have caught the incident.
Now, it’s important that you know that filing a police report after any car accident is just the basics.
Making an incident report will also make it very easy for your insurance to find the main reason for the accident, making your claim process easier.
Now that we’ve taken care of all the things to do after a car crash, we need to find out who was responsible for the accident in the first place.
If the FedEx driver was the one at fault, then FedEx is most likely the one to carry the responsibility for your claim.
However, there are some cases where FedEx will claim that the driver in question is an independent contractor.
This means that the truck driver is on the hook for your claim.
Even if your accident is pretty straightforward, FedEx is a corporation with pretty deep pockets and a legal team to match.
Plus, your accident claim may get more complicated if the at-fault driver was an independent contractor or if any other third party was involved too.
Working with a lawyer who specializes in these kinds of things will give you a better chance of bringing your claim to a successful resolution.
Well, the steps we listed above on what to do when you get in an accident with a FedEx vehicle may be of help to you.
Besides this, there are also a number of apps and resources that can be helpful in making your FedEx accident claim a lot easier.
There are many apps that can help in documenting and managing your claim.
These apps can help you to:
Some of the most popular apps for this are:
1. The FedEx Claims Center: This is the official website for filing FedEx claims. You can use the website to start a claim, track the status of an existing claim, and get answers to frequently asked questions.
2. GEICO Accident Assist: This app is available to GEICO policyholders and allows you to report an accident, take photos and videos of the damage, and collect witness information.
3. Progressive Snapshot: This app is available to Progressive policyholders and allows you to report an accident, take photos and videos of the damage, and get a repair estimate.
Besides these apps, there are a number of online resources that can be helpful in navigating a FedEx accident claim. These resources can provide you with information on:
Some of the most helpful online resources are:
1. The National Insurance Crime Bureau: This website provides information on insurance fraud, including how to report it.
2. The Insurance Information Institute: This website provides information on a variety of insurance topics, including car insurance.
3. Nolo: This website provides legal information and resources for consumers, including information on car accidents.
4. FindLaw: This website has a wealth of information on car accident law, including articles, FAQs, and attorney directories.
By using apps and resources like these, you can make the process of making a FedEx accident claim a breeze.