The Zoom video conferencing program got popular when everyone was forced to work from home due to the Covid-19 pandemic. And as the trend is going on, you might be looking for information related to Zoom such as how to sign up for an account, how to log in, or how to make conference calls with Zoom.
So, if you are about to start your journey with Zoom, take this guide along as it has all the information that you are going to need.
Signing Up for a Zoom Account
1. Through Web Portal
To sign up for a Zoom account through the web portal, the following directions will help:
- On a web browser, go to ‘zoom.us’ or www.zoom.com to sign up or for a new account.
- Click on the ‘Sign Up, Its Free’ button given in the top-right corner of the screen.
- If you don’t want to sign up, you can directly sign in using your SSO, Google, or Facebook account.
- After clicking on the ‘Sign Up’ button, on the next page you have to enter your date of birth; click ‘Continue’.
- Enter the email address that you want to use to sign up for a new Zoom account and then click on ‘Sign Up’.
- Then you have to check your email account for the mail you have received from Zoom and click on the link that you have received.
- Click on the ‘Activate Account’ button in the email that you have received from Zoom.
- Next, you have to enter some information like first name and last name and also create a password for your Zoom account.
- Once you are done entering the information, verify yourself, go through the terms of service and then click on ‘Continue’.
2. Through Zoom App
To sign up for a new Zoom account using the mobile app, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Download the iOS or Android Zoom app and then launch it on your device.
- Press the ‘Sign Up’ button
- Enter your date of birth for verification
- Then enter your personal information i.e. your first name, last name, and email address, and then click on ‘Sign Up’.
- You will receive a notification that ‘an activation email has been sent to your email’; check your email for the activation link.
- Click on the ‘Activate Account’ button provided in the email that you have received. This will create your new Zoom account using the app.
You can also watch this video here:
How to Login to your Zoom Account?
Logging into your Zoom account is quite simple and here are the instructions you need to follow.
On a Web Browser
- Go to ‘zoom.us’ or Zoom Meeting Login link to start signing in to your Zoom account; click on the ‘Sign in’ button
- Enter your email address that you have used to sign up for a new Zoom account and then enter your password; click on ‘Sign in’.
- Enter email address and password and click ‘sign in’.
- You can also sign in to your Zoom account using your SSO, Google or Facebook account directly.
That’s how you can simply sign in to your Zoom account and start your cloud meetings.
Through Zoom Mobile App
- Tap the ‘Sign in’ button on the app.
- Enter your Email address and Password and then tap ‘Sign in’.
- You can directly sign in using your SSO, Google or Facebook account.
- That’s how you can directly be a part of meetings by Zoom app login.
Login Issues with Zoom Account and Their Quick-Fixes
Not being able to log in to your Zoom account could happen due to several reasons; some of them have been listed below:
- An unstable network can also lead to log-in issues; so if possible, switch to an internet connection with a better bandwidth.
- The firewall or security program installed on your device might be interfering with the Zoom application; hence, you can temporarily turn it off and see if it helps. Also, check your firewall or antivirus settings as they might be blocking certain features of the Zoom program.
- If you are not able to log in on your laptop, you can try using the Zoom application on your mobile as a temporary workaround.
- Make sure the Zoom application is updated, and you can also clear its cache from time to time to make sure it is working smoothly.
- Check if you are entering the correct login credentials and if you have forgotten the password, you can reset it using the information provided further.
Resetting Zoom Password to Fix Login Issue
This is one of the most common issues that most users face with their Zoom accounts. Forgetting a password is a common scenario and thankfully Zoom lets you reset your password in a few simple steps:
- Go to www.zoom.com i.e. Zoom login page and click on ‘Sign In’.
- Then click on the ‘Forgot Password?’ button
- Enter the email address that you have used to sign up for a Zoom account, clear the Captcha and click on ‘Send’.
- You will receive a reset password email on your registered email address. If you haven’t received any link, click on ‘try again’.
- Click on the ‘Click here to change your password’ button to set a new password for your Zoom account.
- You will be directed to a new page where you can set a new password for your Zoom account; click on ‘Save’.
That’s how you can simply reset the password of your Zoom account using the browser as well as the Zoom app.
You can also watch this video here:
Also Read- Zoom Vs. GoToMeeting