Microsoft MD-100 is a highly recognized certification exam by many IT companies. It also enjoys a good reputation among the IT elites. Taking this test with flying colors means that you are closer to success and your dream career. The candidates for the MD-100 exam are the administrators who monitor, manage, secure, configure, and deploy devices and client applications particularly in an enterprise environment. The test is associated with the Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate certificate. To earn this credential, an individual must pass MD-100 and MD-101.
is a certification test focused mainly on understanding Windows 10. It is
designed to measure one’s capability to deploy Windows, maintain it, configure
connectivity, and manage devices and data. In general, the following skills will
- Windows maintenance;
- Configuration of connectivity;
- Device and data management;
- Windows deployment.
Key Details of
Microsoft MD-100 Exam
key factors and vital information that the students need to know about this
exam. Let’s look at this inmore detail.
Microsoft MD-100 consists of 40-60 questions that should be answered within 120 minutes. Note that the test is available in English only .
the Microsoft MD-100 exam format, there are different question types. Some of them,
you are likely to encounter include multiple-choice, build list, drag and drop,
case studies, and so on.
If you are
taking the MD-100 certification test, you should know what marks or percentage
you need to get to be considered someone who has passed the Microsoft exam.
Precisely, the passing score for this test is 700 points out of the highest
possible 1000 marks. If you score anything less than these numbers, you will be
one of those candidates who have failed their exam. So, be sure to prepare
adequately so that you can achieve the relevant points to avoid wasting your
time and money preparing for the retake of the test.
that Microsoft MD-100 costs $165 for the applicants registering from the USA. Those
students from other countries may pay a bit higher price, especially if the
exam fee is subjected to taxation.
most of its tests through Pearson VUE, and MD-100 is not an exception. You can
start your registration by visiting the exam page, and then you need to follow
the recommendations on the screen. You can decide to take your certification
test at your home or at any Pearson VUE center near you.
the retake policy, the examinees who fail to get the passing score are allowed
to retake within 24 hours. For those who have failed their Microsoft MD-100 a
second time, the policy requires the following: they have to wait for at least
14 days to try again. Typically, the maximum number of attempts one can take is 5 times
year. If you still cannot pass your exam, you need to submit a request and
obtain prior permission from Microsoft.
in Microsoft MD-100 Exam
there are the topics that you need to explore to be able to pass this
certification test. They cover different percentage of the whole exam, but you
need to pay attention to each of them. Let’s look at the skillset you need to
- Deploy Windows – 15-20%. This objective gauges your knowledge of user data migration, language packs configuration, selection of the appropriate Windows edition, troubleshooting of activation issues, clean installation, and in-depth upgrade by the use of tools, such as ADK, WDS, and MDT.The successful post-installation configuration is also an important skill to gain. You need to be able to customize the Windows desktop and configure mobility settings, Edge and Internet Explorer, and sign-in options.
- Manage Device and Data – 35-40%.In this part, you need to learn the configuration of data protection and access, shared permission, and NTFS permissions. Also, you need to be able to manage local users, devices in directories, and local groups. Another vital skill is to manage Windows security that includes encryption implementation and Windows Defender Firewall and UAC configuration. And using local policies to configure devices is one more skill to gain. Learn how to troubleshoot group policies on devices, implement local policy, and configure local registry.
- Configure Connectivity – 15-20%.This topic will evaluate your knowledge of remote connectivity and networking configuration, including remote desktop access, PowerShell Remoting, and remote management. It also covers the configuration of Wi-Fi profiles, VPN client, IP settings, and mobile networking, along with the troubleshooting of networking.
- Maintain Windows – 25-30%.Manage updates, configure the system and data recovery, and monitor and manage Windows – these are the main subtopics of this exam subject. It includes Windows update options, Windows 10 recovery, Windows 10 environment, and much more.
Taking Microsoft MD-100 Exam
Adding Microsoft MD-100 to your resume is a positive step towards your career. It makes you more employable and also opens up many opportunities for your career growth. After passing this test, you will be eligible to take Microsoft MD-101 so you can earn the Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate credential. With this certification, getting a job will be easier because the employers generally prefer employing the certified professionals. Since Microsoft MD-100 and the associated certificate are both globally recognized, they allow you to apply for jobs abroad. Also, there are high chances that you will be paid a good salary because the recruiters are always willing to offer a better paycheck to the certified experts.
Microsoft MD-100 today and start your journey to becoming a modern desktop
administrator. Visit the Prepaway website for verified, updated, and
easy-to-use study materials that will help you during your preparation phase.
You can buy a whole bundle of different resources from this platform at a
reasonable price and even get some free prep tools.