Are you one of those planning to visit European countries in the near future? If yes, then you must need to have the right travel insurance plan that secures your trip. In fact, some European countries fall under the Schengen area where travel insurance is mandatory to travel health insurance.
You can get travel insurance easily with some of the insurance policy providers like TripMoney. But before we let you know the best way to apply for Schengen travel insurance, let’s understand Schengen in detail.
Lets explore the best travel insurance for summer vacations.
What is Schengen Travel Insurance?
The name Schengen is derived from the small winemaking town & commune of Schengen. Some participating countries fall under both EU & Schengen regions even though the EU is a political & economic union.
Schengen travel insurance is mandatory for anyone traveling to any 26 Schengen countries. These are – Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, and Sweden,
You must need to have a travel insurance plan before applying for a Schengen Visa.
What Do You Need to Know About Schengen Travel Insurance?
Well, there are some facts that you may not be aware of, and knowing them before going to a European country is a great call.
- Number of counties – 26
- Eligibility – Indians aged up to 0.6to 70 years
- Visa duration – Maximum of 90 days
- Minimum sum insured – €30,000
- Overseas travel insurance mandatory for a visa – Yes
- COVID-19 covered – By most insurers
- Claim settlement – 24×7 available
- Automatic extensions – Provided
- Claim procedure – Smartphone-enabled, paperless claim settlement
There are some benefits like trip cancellation, luggage, baggage or passport loss, adventure sports cover, trip cancellation, emergency transportation & treatment, etc.
How to Get Right & Cheap Travel Visa Insurance for Europe?
Traveling to any European country is a costly affair and cutting down the cost can be a daunting task. Travel insurance for Europe is one of the first steps that may help to reduce any additional travel expenses.
However, below are some of the important tips that you need to consider while finding the best travel insurance for Europe.
- Before you go with any travel insurance provider, it’s important to compare different travel insurance companies in India that may help in finding the right and cheap plans. You can find the right travel insurance company like TripMoney to get the plan under the budget.
- Keep your eyes on sales & discount offers provided by different insurance company providers.
- Another smart way to pick the right plan under the budget is to always try to pick the lowest plan. If it serves all the necessary coverage then there is no need to go with the expensive one.
- Online shopping will help save considerable money & time that is spent on buying Europe travel insurance as it eliminates the distribution cost and intermediaries.
- Most importantly, always make sure to choose the add-one very carefully. If you don’t have interest in any coverage then there is no point to go with that add-on.
Where to Get Travel Insurance for Schengen Country?
There are dozens of travel insurance companies out there that offer great plans and policies. However, we would like to recommend you TripMoney because of the reason that it offers a great policy at the lowest price.
The partner banks of TripMoney are Capital Slot (NBFC), Just Money, IDFC Bank, and Kist (NBFC). You can apply for a European insurance policy easily which covers many of the benefits.
You will get extensive coverage for the Euro trip that includes the following covers:
Another advantage you get with the insurance plan is that you get extensive coverage of the trip that includes a cover for cancellation or delay of the flight, loss of passport, or hotel cancellation.
In case of any medical emergencies or accidents you get financial assistance with the TripMoney insurance plan. If you fall ill during the trip then the expense of treatment in Europe the policy covers the expense.
Points to Consider Before Travelling to Europe
Now you have a Europe travel insurance plan with you, there are still some of the key points that you may need to consider before leaving India, and these are:
Need Visa to Enter Schengen Zone
Most Indians need visas to enter Schengen territory even if they may be exempted on several occasions.
A visa sticker and Indian passport is not enough to enter Schengen countries as they have different requirement. It can provide proof of insurance, travel itinerary, accommodation, and means of subsistence.
Euro is Not a Common Currency
It’s a fact that the Euro is not the currency of every country that falls under the Schengen Area or European Union.
Make a Reservation in Advance
It’s better to make an advanced reservation for most of the famous tourist places in Europe that saves your time and without affecting the budget. However, if you fall short of the budget then you can apply for an instant travel loan with TripMoney.
Indian can’t travel to the UK through Schengen Visa
So, these are some of those key points that you may need to consider while traveling to European countries.