It’s hard sometimes to manage calls by just using mobile devices only. People managing large businesses need to be connected on a call for so long, having mobile devices attached to the ears is quite irritating. To get rid of all these, people are advised to make calls from the computer, instead of making calls from their mobile devices.
The software enabling users to make calls via computers are
- AirDroid Cast
- Google Voice
- Link to Windows
It is an application with the unique feature of screen mirroring. This feature enables users to cast their mobile devices to the computer. The operation can be done with the use of a mouse or keyboard also.
The steps to make a Phone Call with AirDroid Cast are-
- Step 1: At first, Download and Install the application both on your mobile device and computer. Done with the installation process? Move further by launching the application,
- Step 2: Next step includes the selection of the medium between “Wireless, AirPlay, or USB Cabel”
- Step 3: Follow the instruction that appeared on the screen in order to connect both devices and then start the process of mirroring,
- Step 4: Click on the “Control” icon to trigger control features,
- Step 5: Download AirDroid Control Add on the mobile device and allow permission to the computer to control the mobile.
- Step 6: At last, enjoy call phone from computer.
Features of AirDroid-
- Dual Side Audio Transmission: Direct usage of microphone and audio of your mobile on the computer.
- Typing Remotely: Control mobile devices with the help of a mouse and keyboard for chattings.
- Cross-platform: Transmit the screen and command over other devices without holding the same OS.
It is a telephonic service-based platform. The platform allows free access for users from Canada, Denmark, France, the Netherlands, etc. to make calls using a specific number. But keep in mind, that some numbers are not free which indicates, not allowing users to make calls.
- Step 1: Run voice.google.com on any browser available,
- Step 2: Users are guided to move further with the selection of the “Call” option that is available at the bottom. Search for the saved numbers from the search bar to make the call.
- Step 3: If numbers are not saved users can dial the numbers manually from the dial icon.
- Step 4: At last, click on the “call icon” to enjoy making calls on the Google Voice platform.
Pros and Cons
|Can be used for both personal and professional usages||Users are not accessible to make calls on emergency numbers|
|Users from US and Canada can make free calls||If not the users from US and Canada, individuals are not viable to make calls|
|Charges will be applicable for making international calls||–|
Link to Windows
It is a mobile remote control tool for the backup and sync category. It can also be a Screen Mirroring Application or Instant Messenger. Users can enjoy using the applications on the full-screen with access to control along keyboard and mouse. It is believed that Link to Windows is the best application for making calls (both incoming and outgoing) from your computer devices.
- Step 1: Navigate the Cursor toward the search bar and search for the Phone Link App on the computer. Move further by opting for the same.
- Step 2: Click on the get started option and Sign In by using the Microsoft account.
- Step 3: Alternatively, download the same application on your mobile device and connect it to your computer or PC.
- Step 4: Then kindly press the “Allow” button to access the mobile device from the computer and finally use it to make calls.
Pros and Cons
|No other charges are associated with the usage of the Link to Windows Application||Connectivity issues and errors regarding the same are there|
|Ad-free applications for hassle-free operations and running||This application can be used by Android users only, which suggests that this application is not meant for iOS users.|
It is a proprietary videotelephony application. FaceTime was evolved by Apple Inc. This application is supported by the iOS versions only. However, FaceTime is not created for Android users. FaceTime does not involve any charges. FaceTime allows users to make calls from the computer, only if the obtaining device is iOS with the installed FaceTime App.
- Step 1: Launch the FaceTime application on the Mac computer and enter the name in it.
- Step 2: Before initiating a call, make sure that the other user should have downloaded the App on his/her iOS device too.
- Step 3: At last, click on the phone icon to make calls accordingly.
Pros and Cons
|No other charges are applicable for the use of FaceTime either on iPhone or Mac.||This app is created for iOS users only. However, Windows O.S. or Android mobile users cannot access this application|
|It permits users to make video calls.||Comparatively, FaceTime uses more internet data during phone calls|
Skype is the most popular application, particularly known for enabling users to access different devices such as Android and iOS. Users can enjoy individual and group meetings while on Skype. As far as the other person having a Skype ID, users can initiate calls anywhere without any cost.
- Step 1: Download and Install the application on your devices and create an account adding your name and phone number.
- Step 2: Each user is identified with a different user ID provided by each Skype user. Enter the same ID of a person into the search bar, whom you are willing to get connected with or trying to make calls.
- Step 3: Select the appropriate user ID and open his/her profile.
- Step 4: Send a request to get connected, from his/her profile.
- Step 5: After he/she accepted the request, you will be eligible to make both voice calls and video calls.
Pros and Cons
|This application can be possessed from anywhere and can be used by users having Android devices or iOS devices||Like Google Voice, Skype also does not permit users to make emergency calls|
|It permits users to share pictures, videos, or documents with anyone from your contact list||Users having poor internet connection or service can struggle to achieve adequate sound and video quality|
OpenPhone can be considered a modern business phone system that can be accessed by both Windows and Mac computer users. This application is free to use. Users are guided to import their contacts list before making a phone call.
- Step 1: Create your account on OpenPhone after installing the application.
- Step 2: Click on the “Make a call” icon.
[Note: users can also access the calls by enabling a shortcut. Just hit on the letter “C” on the keyboard]
- Step 3: Move further by entering the name or contact number of the person, with whom you are going to initiate a phone call.
- Step 4: At last, simply click on the “Call” button and enjoy calls with your chosen ones.
Pros and Cons
|OpenPhone UI is great so far and really instinctive||It does not display analytics when people respond or answer phone calls|
|While in on-call meetings, it allows users to experience In-app messaging between the team members||Feature of transferring outgoing calls servers as a con for the OpenPhone application|
However, the ability to call your chosen ones from the computing devices can be quite efficient and it just adds flexibility to the daily workflow.