Are you willing to test your device and search for the best automation testing tools? Well, we have compiled a list of the best automation web testing tools that you can use to accelerate your testing efforts.
Testing is crucial for all web app development process. However, it can be a tiring task, that’s why you need the right expertise and tools. A considerable percentage of websites still launch with bugs that irritate users and badly affect the website’s success. When a website encounters failure after the release, it takes time, effort, and money to fix these issues.
To reduce these ambiguities and maintain the web apps for high quality, it is essential to ensure thorough testing of your apps. Website testing is different from what it used to be earlier. Your website or web application should efficiently work on desktop browsers and mobile devices.
By testing your website or web apps you can ensure that it complies with the expected high-quality standards. To ensure a smooth and fast test execution, you need a rapid automation testing tool. To guarantee website quality, you should inspect your website on UI, end-user experience level, functionality, and more.
This post on web app testing tools will help you explore the various automation testing tools and their benefits.
What is Web Testing?
Web testing is a software testing technique that helps ensure a website or web app’s quality and functionality as per the requirements. Before delivery, web testing must monitor all the issues, such as traffic stress, environmental challenges, functional inconsistencies, integration issues, etc.
Let’s take a deep dive into some of the excellent website testing tools and their features.
Best Automated Web Testing tools
pCloudy web app testing provides trusted continuous testing on the device cloud to run your mobile device.
- Offers issue tracking, bug tracking, requirement-based testing, and issue management.
- Test web apps on numerous browsers and OS.
- It helps you test your apps across 5000+ real device and Browser combinations.
- Provides support in executing parallel testing.
- Faster creation of test cycle.
- Offers real-life network simulation, localization testing, and geolocation testing.
Cucumber is free-to-use and open-source automated web testing tool. Moreover, it’s an adequate online Behavior Driven Development (BDD) tool. It allows developers to contrive easy-to-understand tests.
- It supports all major programming languages.
- Leveraged by popular platforms such as Canon and PayPal.
- Seamlessly integrates with JIRA & GitHub.
- Aids in collaboration.
- Quick plugins.
- Testers can jot test scripts without having deep knowledge of programming.
- Quick and easy setup.
- Reports in JSON, HTML, and other formats to examine the team’s performance.
TestComplete may execute and develop tests on any mobile web or desktop app, including programs such as dynamic pages and custom controls. You can guarantee your web UI tests will not fail with the robust object identification engine.
- Data-driven testing.
- Keyword-driven testing.
- Parallel testing.
- Device and cross-browser testing.
- Continuous testing for DevOps.
- Building automated UI tests.
- Test automation for BDD.
- Intelligent quality Add-On.
Testpad is a more accessible and user-friendly manual testing tool that is excellent for web app testing. It employs test strategies motivated by a checklist plus emphasizes pragmatism over the process. These test strategies can be updated to fit various testing methodologies, like exploratory testing, the manual side of syntax-highlighted BDD, Agile, and even traditional test management.
- Simple enough for test users to leverage.
- Guest testers without accounts are welcomed by email.
- Seamlessly integrates JIRA with issue trackers.
testRigor aids in expressing tests as executable specifications in plain text. Customers of all technical capabilities are able to contrive end-to-end tests of any complication hiding web, mobile, and API steps in one test. These steps are expressed on the end-user stage despite depending on details of I’m implementation such as CSS or XPaths Selectors.
- API, Web, And Mobile steps in one test.
- Forever free public version.
- Unlimited tests along with users.
- Case management.
- Test cases are in English.
- Integrated with CI/CD test.
- Recorder for web steps.
- SMS & Email testing.
- The simplest method to learn test automation.
Provides no effort automated QA. They’re the prime solution that gets teams to 80 percent automated test coverage in 5 months – irrespective of the number of tests needed. QA Wolf costs 50 percent less than an in-house team and saves $ 50,000 per year alone in infrastructure.
Why QA Wolf?
- Tests run in 100 percent parallel for quick outputs.
- Supports WebKit, Firefox, Chromium, and Chrome.
- Begin with a no-risk pilot.
- No-effort automated testing performed.
- Directly integrate tests into CI/CD pipeline.
- Logs & videos of failures aid in understanding the bugs quickly.
Virtuoso is the functional UI and end-to-end web automation testing tool. Blending AI/ML, Natural Language Programming, and Robotic Process Automation to deliver an excellent experience while minimizing the test experience to zero.
- Speed up execution time by 10x.
- 100 percent In-sprint regression testing.
- Lower the test maintenance cost by 85 percent.
- Accelerate test authoring speed by 9x.
- Self-maintaining automation.
- Snapshot Testing and Visual Regression.
- Leverages RPA, NLP, AI, and ML to run the test automation tool.
Selenium is the most well-liked and extensively leveraged web testing solution available.
- Programming languages can be used to design test scripts.
- You may jot more sophisticated and intricate automation scripts with the help of a robust Selenium WebDriver.
- Selenium IDE, Selenium’s browser extension, offers playback and recording abilities.
QTP (Quick Test Professional) is a Windows-based software testing tool offered by Micro Focus. It is suitable for regression and functional testing of web apps and desktops. The best-automated web testing tool is HPE Unified Functional Test.
- Executing tests leveraging test scripts.
- Recording test outcomes.
- Getting data files to access test data.
- Test summary transmission to test management tools.
- Comparing an object or run-time screen with a stored intended result in a GUI object.
BugZilla is amongst the top website testing tools. It’s an open-source bug-tracking tool that allows developers to check still-open problems with their products. It leverages a MySQL database & is developed in Perl.
- Automated copied bug detection.
- Reports and charts.
- Set up daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Calculate when a bug may get removed.
- Notification of change in the code via email.
As a tester or website developer, it is a must to test your website for numerous aspects to observe how far it needs improvement. There are numerous testing methods that web automation testing tools can aim for. Online web automation testing tools are available in both open-source and licensed varieties.
Therefore, select the best
feasible web testing tool that will benefit your existing and upcoming projects.