It is not necessary to attend the gym to work out effectively or bring significant changes in fitness and strength. In resistance training, you have to use your own bodyweight. The best thing about bodyweight training is that it can be performed anywhere without the need for any equipment.
Here’s the list of 5 leg workouts that you can do at home to improve strength, develop fitness and function of the calves, abductors, hamstrings, glutes, quads, and adductors.
- Place the feet wider than your hip-width with toes pointing outwards.
- Before you start doing the squat, lift your chest, and pull the shoulder blades back and down, while engaging the core muscles
- Lower down slowly by hinging hips and bending your knees to a 90-degree angle.
- Look straight ahead and use heels to straighten your legs to come back to the standing position.
2. Reverse Lunge with Knee Lift
- Stand straight keeping the feet shoulder-width apart.
- Inhale and take a big step backward using your right foot. As you keep your foot on the floor bend your both knees to 90 degrees and make sure to evenly distribute your weight between both legs. If done correctly, your front will align with the ankle and your back knee will hover off the floor.
- Now exhale and extend both knees and transfer your weight to the left foot and at the same time elevate your right foot to bring the knee to your chest.
- While inhaling, lower the right leg to return to the starting position, without resting your foot on the floor.
- Switch between right and left side with each rep.
3. Side Leg Raises
- Lie on one side with the legs on top of each other
- Now brace the core and keep your leg straight, and lift the top leg
- Repeat for the recommended number of reps before you swap sides or repeat.
4. Hip Thrusts
- Lie on your back with the arms by your sides, with knees bent and feet on the floor.
- Now squeeze the glutes, press through the heels, and drive your hips up to form a straight line from knees to the shoulders.
- Hold for a few seconds at the top of the move, then drop down slowly.
5. High Knee Taps
- You can start with a box, bench, or chair, in front of you.
- Keep the core squeezed and chest up. From this position, pull the knee up towards the chest and place your one foot on the object.
- As soon as you make the contact, quickly switch sides.
You will see significant changes in strength, legs functioning, and overall conditioning. However, you don’t have to complete all 5 workouts, instead select those that suit your needs, goals, and preferences. Along with these workouts and proper diet, you can supplement with whey isolate protein as muscle building is one of the isolate whey protein benefits. You can buy isolated whey protein 1kg, 2 kg, or whatever quantity you need online at reliable online health stores like Amazon, Flipkart, 1mg, HealthKart, and more for pocket-friendly prices.