Android is certainly a great platform for users who prefer to have granular control over their data. But sometimes even the most hardened Android users can experience some issues with their phone. They are capable of storing a lot of personal data that we can quickly access at any time. Unfortunately, with all this storage power comes the risk that photos may be accidentally deleted.
If you accidentally delete a photo, that doesn’t mean it’s gone forever! How do we recover deleted photos on our Android phones? It’s easier than you think to recover deleted photos on your device, just follow the complete article.
Four different methods listed here will help you to recover deleted photos on Android.
Method 1: Recover Deleted Photos from Android Gallery
If you wish to recover the photo with as little effort as possible, this is the most effective way. To recover deleted photos from an Android phone, you have to enter the Recently Deleted folder.
You’ll find this folder in the Gallery app on your phone. Photos you deleted within 30 days will be kept in the folder.
Go through these steps to follow this method:
Step 1: Go to the Gallery and click “Albums”. Now, scroll down and then tap “Recently Deleted”.
Step 2: You can select the deleted photos by tapping and holding them. After you have selected all the deleted photos from Android, tap “Restore”.
Was this as arduous as you imagined? Probably not. Let’s dive into the second method.
Method 2: Recover Deleted Photos from Android with a Third Party Data Recovery Software
Tenorshare UltData for Android is one of the best data recovery software. With this powerful app, you can recover deleted photos from android without any hassle!
It supports 6000+ different models of Android phones of all major brands like Samsung, OnePlus, Xiaomi, and more. The software has a clear and user-friendly interface. It supports a wide range of Android versions including Android 10.
Tenorshare UltData is capable of scanning more than a thousand deleted photos on Android in seconds. It has the one-click approach to quickly recover deleted photos from Android without root. This method is recommended for users who want to recover a large number of deleted photos.
Here are the steps on how to recover deleted photos on Android using the Tenorshare UltData.
Step 1: Download the Tenorshare Ultdata and launch the program. Then, select “Recover Lost Data” and plug your Android device into the computer using the USB cable.
Step 2: Next step is to enable the USB debugging on your Android device.
- Tap the notification “USB Charging” and then select the option “Transferring Files”.
- Now, go to the settings and type “Build” on the search bar. Select “Build Number” from the search results and tap the “Build Number” seven times to activate USB debugging in the device.
After you enable the USB debugging, it’s crucial to allow authorization. A pop-up window appears on your Android device and simply click “OK”. If the window is not visible, click “Show Again”.
Step 3: You will see the file types to recover. You can select “Photos” and any other types you want.
Step 4: After the completion of the scan, you will see the photos along with the deleted ones. You can view them before proceeding to recover.
Now, choose the photos you wish to recover and click the “Recover” button in the lower-right corner.
The advantages of this method include:
- Recovery of deleted photos on Android without rooting your device.
- Fast and easy process.
- Supports a wide range of Android devices available in the market.
Method 3: Recover Deleted Photos via Google Photos
Google Photos is a cloud-based photo storage and sharing service provided by Google to store photos and videos. There is a high chance that you will find the photo deleted from Gallery in Google Photos if backup & sync was enabled.
Steps to recover deleted photos from android using Google Photos:
- Step 1: Open the Google Photos app and look for the deleted photo.
- Step 2: If you find the photo you want to recover, select it and tap on the three dots on the top-right corner of your screen.
- Step 3: Tap “Save to Device”. The photo gets saved to the Gallery and you can find it by going to Albums and selecting the Restored folder.
If you had accidentally deleted the photo from Google photos as well, there is a method to recover the photo within 60 days.
- Step 1: Open the Google Photos app and click on three dots in the upper-right corner.
- Step 2: Select Trash or Bin and select the photos you wish to recover.
- Step 3: Tap Restore, and you are done.
Method 4: Recover Deleted Photos via Google Drive
Google Drive allows users to store their files on the servers and access them from anywhere. It supports many types of file formats so you can work with any of your files you want, including photos, documents, videos, music, and more.
When it comes to recovering deleted photos from Google Drive, you can follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the Google Drive app on your phone or the official website on your browser through any device.
- Step 2: You can find your backed up and uploaded photos. After you see the photos you want to recover, you can simply download them to your device.
If you do not find the backed-up photos you want to recover using methods 3 and 4, we have still one method left. You can contact the support team to help you recover the photos.
- Step 1: Go to the Google Drive contact page.
- Step 2: Type your issue and select the contact option you prefer among Chat and Email. We recommend the Chat option for faster support.
How to Avoid Losing Your Photos on Android Next Time?
If you want to avoid losing important photos in the future, you are advised to take the following measures:
- Backup your photos to any cloud storage such as Google Photos, Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, or any other popular platform.
- Be careful not to delete important and precious photos by accident.
- You can also consider having local backup storage such as an external hard disk or a solid-state drive.
- When you are done using your phone, always lock the screen to avoid any accidental touches.
- Only download apps from the official Google Play Store.
- Do system updates from time to time for the latest security patch.
Since photos may accidentally get deleted on our Android devices, it is important to protect them with a backup option. There are numerous backup options available and each one has its advantages and disadvantages.
If you do not have any backups, Tenorshare UltData for Android is the most efficient photo recovery software that helps you recover deleted photos from Android without any hassle.