Losing precious Facebook chats is heartbreaking, isn’t it? You were trying to do something else, and somehow it ended up deleting your messages. Now, what do you do to recover them? Well, don’t worry. This brief guide will help you get your chats back. Even better, it will show you how to see deleted messages on Messenger of another user with mSpy!
It is important to note that Messenger only keeps a record of your deleted messages for 90 days after deletion. After that, you will need to resort to other methods, such as learning how to hack Facebook or using tools like mSpy. But before we get onto that, let’s look at some of the more straightforward solutions first.
Tried & Tested Methods to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages
Most often, the best solution to a problem is the simplest one. So, if you’ve been wondering how to recover deleted messages on Facebook Messenger, you should try the following methods first:
1. How to Recover Your Deleted Messages with mSpy?
Before we find out how you can use mSpy, let’s first understand what mSpy is.
mSpy is kind of a track my phone app that can resolve many problems. And one of the few problems it can help solve is the recovery of deleted chats on someone else’s Facebook account. So, how does this mobile phone tracker work?
- First up, you need to purchase the app. There are a few subscription packages available to choose from.
- Next, you will get an instruction email that you can use to install and set up mSpy. Install the app on the device that you want to target.
- Once you successfully finish the setup, you can use the monitoring dashboard of the app to take a look at the entire phone activity of the target user. Now, even if the target phone deletes their Facebook messages (or anything else), it will still be available on mSpy dashboard.
Yes, that’s all you have to do. And not only does mSpy support recovery of deleted messages, but it can also be used as a Facebook location tracker. Well, it can track each and everything your target user does on their phone.
2. Check Archived Messages
Deleting a chat on Messenger is not as straightforward as you might think. You have to go through alerts and confirmations first. So, if you think you accidentally deleted messages, there is a very high chance you didn’t see these alerts. And that means you’re in luck because your messages are probably archived.
So, how can you get back archived messages? It’s simple. Just follow these steps.
- Open Messenger App.
- Tap on your profile photo.
- Select Archived Chats, and voilà! There they are.
- Now, swipe left and select the Unarchive option.
Another great way to get your deleted Facebook messages is to just contact the person with whom you chatted. Even if you have deleted the messages at your end instead of archiving them, chances are, the other person still has a copy.
Deleting messages in your inbox removes them from your side. But, the other person still has them. So, just text them and ask them to forward the texts to you or send screenshots. Whatever you prefer!
4. Check Your Backups
If you set up a backup for your data at some point in your life, then today is the day it will come in handy — no need for hacking apps.
You can just open the backup file on your computer. It will look something like ‘Facebook-yourusername.zip’ in your Downloads folder. Now follow the steps below:
- Unzip the folder if you haven’t already and open it.
- You will see a bunch of folders. Open the one named Messages.
- Now open the file called ‘your_messages.html.’
You will be able to see all your messages in your default browser. Just open any conversation you want to see, and it will contain all the messages till the backup.
| Note: One important thing to remember with this method is that it will only show the chats till your backup. Anything after it cannot be recovered through this backup. So, it is a good idea to create backups regularly. |
5. Recover Messages on PC
Luckily, people at Facebook understand that anyone can delete their messages accidentally. And not everyone is comfortable using a phone track app. So, they gave an easy way out to simpletons like us. To recover your chats on PC, do the following:
- Log into your Facebook account on your PC.
- Now go to Settings & Privacy.
- In the General settings, select Your Facebook Information.
- There will be some options on the right. Select the one that says Download Your Information.
- You will see a page that will give you the option of selecting what you want to access. First, click Deselect all and then choose the things you want to restore. For instance, Messages.
- After carefully choosing your options, click on the Create File button at the top.
- A popup will show up informing you that the file is being created.
- When done, you will receive an email on your associated account with the download link.
- Click this link. You may need to enter your Facebook credentials for safety purposes.
- Now, just hit the Download button, and it will download a zip folder containing a backup of everything you selected in the previous steps.
- Unzip and open this folder to take a look through.
And that’s it! You recovered your texts. And all without having to download tracking apps. But what if none of the methods above worked for you? What if your messages seem to be gone for good? What if there’s a need for you to get someone else’s deleted messages? Well, it is when mSpy can come in handy.
Hopefully, some of these methods can come in handy and help you restore your deleted messages on Facebook Messenger. At the same time, let it be a gentle reminder to set up the backup to avoid losing important chats in the future.