The keypad gate lock is a comparatively new addition to lock systems.As technology advances, humans have tried to apply science and technology in all sectors of life. A keypad gate lock is a technology-based keyless addition to the locking system.
What is Keypad GateLock:
A lock is an electric or mechanical fastening device. The keypad lock is a kind of lock that includes a keypad. It does not require any key to open. The lock can be opened only by entering the code.
A keypad is a set of buttons that are arranged in rows and columns. Sometimes the buttons may be arranged in different manners. Generally, a keypad has buttons of digits and symbols. The keypad can be considered as a smaller version of the keyboard. kk
By pressing the buttons, one can enter the password. When the right code is entered, the deadbolt will slide away thus opening the lock.
A few keypad locks use remote controllers, smartphones, or voice commands. This kind of lock can be opened from distant places using remote control.
Some keypad locks use electrical energy. Otherwise, a battery is used by keypad locks to operate.
The integrated security feature is an excellent system for security. After making a few wrong attempts, the door is kept locked for a while. This locking period may vary from ten to twenty minutes. During this period, no password is granted.
Advantages and Disadvantages:
The keypad lock is a recent addition to commercial locks and have many advantages. A few facts are making keypad locks more familiar day by day. Some of them are-
- Keypad locks are easy to handle. Only by entering the code, anyone can open the lock.
- In many cases, it is faster than other locks.
- It is a hands-free lock system.
- Some keypad locks use a remote controlling system. These locks can be opened from a distance via a remote controller or android phone.
- There is no crucial management as was required for traditional ones. In the case of key locks, keys in the wrong hand may cause significant harm. But for keypad locks, there are no such risks. Even there is no way of locking the door while keeping the key inside.
- It is a perfect choice for giving access to multiple users simultaneously.
- The code can be changed anytime.
- It is not as prone to rust and moisture as traditional ones.
Besides, keypad locks have a few disadvantages as well and a few of them are mentioned below-
- Keypad locks that use the internet are vulnerable. There is a chance of them being hacked. In most cases, the carelessness of the owner causes this kind of problem.
- An intruder may rummage the password from behind. In such cases, the code must be changed as early as possible.
- A flat head screwdriver can remove the lock. So, a durable screw and bolt should be used.
- There is a chance of going out of charge. A power failure may occur sometimes. Without electrical power, the lock does not work.
- There is a chance of forgetting the code too.
Buying a Keypad Lock:
Before buying a keypad lock, you should know some facts. The keypad lock must be prone to weathering or not. Heat resistance is also a significant factor. In tropical areas, the lock should be waterproof.
A cold-proof lock is needed where snowfall occurs, and Warranty and guarantee should be checked. A keypad lock may cost from thirty dollars to four hundred dollars.
Maintaining a Keypad Lock:
This electrical lock should be appropriately maintained. As it works using electrical power, electricity is a big issue for this kind of lock. An all-time electricity flow should be ensured. Batteries should be charged or changed at the right time. So the lock will not go out of power. The code should be changed regularly.
In modern days, the key has become a necessity and the keypad gate lock is becoming more popular. But it is more secure to use a keypad lock in addition to other security systems.