As the global market of Software as a Service is heading towards a significant hike, more SaaS-based applications keep flooding in. Do you think all these applications are SaaS, or some are a scam? Knowing what exactly constitutes SaaS will help you to find out the differences to help make the right choice with applications all the time.
Must-Have Features to Consider:
There are some key characteristics and features to address when it comes to SaaS. Learning about those points with the help of SaaS experts allows you to build a SaaS application of your choice.
You have the Multi-Tenancy Model:
Multi-tenancy is one form of software architecture where the single software application deployment gets to serve various customers. Each customer is stated to be a tenant.
- Tenants might have the ability to customize some significant parts of the applications.
- Nowadays, these apps are designed in such a manner so that the storage area gets segregated by having a different database or having different sachems inside the single database or the same with discriminations.
Focusing on Automated Provisioning:
The users must be able to procure SaaS applications right on the fly. It means the process of provisioning users with services must be automated.
- SaaS applications are mainly used by B2C or B2B customers. This form of the requirement will need demands creating firms or users by invoking some web services and providing access credentials.
- Most of the applications will offer critical features, and one such example will be Microsoft’s CREST API.
- CSB platforms can further automate this process to offer SaaS architecture access on a demand basis.
- Then you have another important characteristic, which is the de-provisioning ability. It will remove access from the organizations or users whenever they decide not to use the SaaS app.
A Single Form of a Sign-On:
It is up to the enterprise to have a single identity system for authenticating multiple systems, which users later consume. Furthermore, the enterprises need to have a singular page for providing long credentials and accessing all Software SaaS applications, as provisioned by users.
- So, the SaaS applications can be well added with multiple identity management systems. For that, there won’t be a hefty charge followed.
- There remains a bigger maintenance overhead for the enterprises to maintain various credentials per system, as widely used by the enterprise users.
- So, it is vital to single sign-on for the SaaS options to authenticate against existing identifying systems. It will further offer a logging experience once and use multiple systems.
The Higher Range of Availability:
Various tenants always share SaaS applications or objectives. Even the availability of this form of applications is well expected to be higher throughout. So, the SaaS applications will offer a higher SLA degree to customers. Moreover, you can access the applications 24 x 7 globally. Moreover, such applications will also expose monitoring and managing of API for checking the availability of health factors.
Ultimate Data Security Coming Your Way:
It is mandatory to ensure that the business or data information remains protected from unauthorized access and corruption in the current world. As the SaaS applications are mainly designed to be proficiently shared by multiple tenants, it is vital to know how secured the data is. Some forms of data must remain enabled with encrypted storage for any particular tenant. The same must not remain accessible to another tenant.
A proficient Key Management Framework or the interface with external Key Management Frameworks is an essential and significant part of SaaS. Furthermore, adding up CASB systems can also increase the level of confidence when it comes to data security. It is better to ensure a robust role-based access control for protecting your data.
The Audit Help:
Generally speaking, the SaaS applications are associated with audit logs of business-based transactions. It will help the customers to create a business strategy by adding intelligence plans. These services must comply with internal policies and government regulations.
So, these features are impeccable parts of the SaaS applications to follow. Apart from that, you have rate-limiting or QoS and Application security to follow. Take help from experts to get thorough help here.