Imagine losing years of hard work and your important files that were saved by you on the server you trust the most. nightmare right? Database corruption has seen a significant rise in the recent couple of years. Although one can get rid of these issues with the help of in-built utilities these utilities take time and need technical proficiency which can ultimately lead to data loss if things go south.
This is where the stellar repair for MS SQL comes in. In today’s blog, we will be doing a review of the well-renowned repair software to know about its key features, pros and cons to better use it for our good.
Let us look at the requirements for this SQL recovery software.
You need to make sure that the software is installed on the same system on which the corrupt database resides. You need a minimum of Pentium class one processor, 2 GB of memory (4 GB recommended), and a minimum of 250 MB of hard disk space as requirements for this software.
The good thing about this software is that it is supported by all the versions of windows including Windows 10 (32bit/64bit), Windows 8.1 (32bit/64bit) / 8 (32bit/64bit)/Windows 7 (32bit/64bit)/Windows Vista (32bit/64bit)/Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2008 which ultimately makes it easy to install and repair the SQL database of any size and version with relative ease.
MS SQL server: 2019, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008, and earlier versions.
Let us now look at the key features of the MS SQL recovery feature.
Stellar repair for MS SQL is a comprehensive solution to repair the corrupt and inaccessible MDF and NDF files along with the recovery of all database components that include tables, triggers, keys, rules, stored procedures for all versions.
Apart from this, the software also recovers XML indexes and data types, column set property, sparse columns, and file stream data types.
- Fixes SQL database corruption issues and database errors.
This amazing software helps in resolving database corruption issues at the time when Microsoft’s very own in-built utility DBCC CHECKDB fails to get the job done. Some of the major database corruption errors that this software fixes include 5171, 8942, 3414, and also fixes other SQL database corruption issues like header file corruption, schema corruption, consistency error, and helps in recovering the database of SQL when it is stuck due to the following reasons that are given below;
- When the database is in suspect mode or offline mode.
- When a user faces clustered or non-clustered index corruption
- If one is facing recovery pending and database attachment issues.
- For the recovery of deleted records of SQL database.
- To fix a damaged transaction log file in SQL Server.
You can even find the repaired LDF file that is also available at the MDF file saving location.
- Provides a free preview of repaired and recovered objects
After scanning, it repairs it, and then displays the preview of the repairable items in a structure that resembles a tree. This allows the DBAs to search for specific entries, as the database is sorted before the display itself. The preview feature even helps to verify the original database with the help of the recovered components.
- Recovers selective components
The stellar software allows administrators to select specific objects from the recovered database and then save them at the default location. This further is quite helpful in particular cases where the users do not need to preserve all of the components of the database.
- Recovers ROW and PAGE compressed data
This simple review of the software reveals that it recovers SQL tables with PAGE and ROW compression. The software also supports the standard compressions scheme for Unicode (SCSU) and makes sure of the recovery of the entire database without having to disrupt the original database.
- Establishes connection automatically when disrupted
The recovery/repair software establishes the connection on its own if for some reason the connection gets interrupted. This brilliant feature helps in saving time and effort to start the process all over again when the connection gets interrupted and the process comes to an end without full recovery.
- Saves scanned results
The software for MS SQL repair scans, repairs, and saves the scanned results of the file that has been repaired during the SQL database repair process. Should a time or space crunch occur, the DBAs save these repaired files at a later stage to get rid of such issues with relative ease.
- Saves log report
The product review of this software also shows that the software saves a log report of all the repair activities. This way, the software users can verify the performance of the software with the help of this simple log report.
Let us take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of using stellar repair for MS SQL databases.
- It resolves all of the MS SQL servers and database-related errors, which further helps in maintaining the integrity of the database as a whole.
- A user can easily repair corrupt and damaged files of SQL databases with this repair tool and it also includes the option of saving MDF, NFD, and even LDF files..
- The software saves the repaired database as the new database which in turn can be used by the admin to compare the two databases.
- Can recover all of the deleted records from the SQL database.
- Can help to save the data in multiple formats such as MDF, HTML, XLS, and CSV.
- A user needs to make sure that it is installed on the same system where the corrupt MS SQL database currently is.
Through the deep analysis of this software’s key features, pros, and cons, it is found that this software effectively repairs the corrupt MS SQL database files and recovers all of the components of that database. It has an easy-to-use interface which makes it up for technical users.
All in all, it is a great tool that never compromises database integrity and saves both time and effort, further making it a lifesaver tool.