We do not like our home with the musty smell of mold and mildew. When we notice mold in our home, we must clean or remove the mold as soon as possible. As you know, molds can cause issues with the respiratory system.
Proper cleaning is the very first step to win the battle against mold, but how? In this article, we ‘re going to explore different ways of removing mold from 3 different places with vinegar and baking soda.
Cleaning Mold with Vinegar and Baking Soda
Vinegar and baking soda are particularly useful when it comes to mold washing. So, let’s jump into the discussion.
Do you need a professional?
You will need a professional if you are having a big problem with mold and mildew. But for small cases of mold, you will be able to clean it with vinegar and baking soda by yourself. So, when do you need to hire a professional? Let’s find out
- Inspect all the spaces to identify all the areas with mold and mildew. Please don’t touch the mold when you see it.
- When you have a mold and mildew epidemic in a bigger space or wall, then you need to hire a professional, according to experts. I highly recommend hiring a professional if the mold has more than 10 square feet’ cover.
- Get suggestions from experts if they tell you to call a professional mold cleaner team then you should definitely consider contacting a professional.
- If you are sure that you can clean the mold by yourself, then you are good to go.
When you decide to clean mold with vinegar and baking soda by yourself, you will need to be ready entirely. To be prepared for cleaning mold, you will need a few essential protective kits, such as masks, gloves, goggles, and protective cloths.
Clean the Mold From Bathroom Walls
If you are planning to clean mold with vinegar and baking soda, you will need a few tools to start the process, such as spray bottle, washcloth, and dry towel. To clean up mold from bathroom walls, you need two ingredients, which are vinegar and warm water.
- First, you need to put the vinegar inside the spray bottle.
- Spray the vinegar where the mold surface is and wait for around an hour.
- Now wipe the surface with the hot or warm water.
- Wiping the surface will require the surface to dry. Do not leave the moist or wet surface. To dry out the surface, use a dry towel.
- Spray vinegar more often on to that surface to prevent further damage.
Clean the Mold From Carpets
To clean mold from carpets, you will need a few tools like a vacuum and a spray bottle. Cleaning the mold from the carpet is not easy. You can use vinegar and hot water to clean mold from carpets, but you have to follow some instructions. You have to use one cup of vinegar and two cups of hot water. The ratio should be maintained.
- The very first thing you should do is use a vacuum cleaner to vacuum the affected area.
- Don’t forget to mix the vinegar with hot water and put the mixer inside an empty spray bottle.
- Now spray the mixer on to the mold area, and you can also pour baking soda on to the affected area.
- When you are done, wait for around an hour and vacuum the affected area again.
Don’t even try to soak the carpet. It will make the situation even worse. Make sure you completely dry out the carpet after completing all the processes.
Clean the Mold From Towels
To clean the mold from the towel, you will need to have a washing machine and drying machine. Drying machines is not compulsory, but if you have it, that’s cool. The important ingredients to clean the mold from towels are one cup of vinegar and half cup of baking soda. Mix them properly before using them.
- First, you have to place the moldy towel inside the washing machine.
- Then you have to turn the washing machine on at the hottest temperature.
- Instead of using detergent try using vinegar
- After completing the first cycle with vinegar, then use baking soda and repeat the cycle.
- After completing the second cycle place the towels into a dryer or dry the towels under the sunlight
Cleaning mold is very easy with vinegar and baking soda, but for specific conditions and surfaces, you need to know the cleaning process. I have talked about cleaning mold with vinegar and baking soda in this article. I hope this article will help you when you want to clean your mold, and the process lists all the safety gear that you should have before you start the cleaning. Thank you.