Cryptocurrency prices have been at an all-time high in recent months. Companies such as Tesla are now accepting crypto payments and more crypto exchange platforms keep adding new crypto coins you can trade.
With all the hype on the potential benefits of cryptocurrencies, it comes as no surprise everyone now wants a piece of the cake. After all, cryptos will define the future of financial transactions.
This prospect has brought about a continuous supply of new crypto coins into the market with outstanding features. The new altcoins keep pushing the blockchain technology realms – from smart contracts to how to buy defi coins and open protocol governance.
So, amidst the increasing number of altcoins today, how do you know which coin to invest in? With price volatility to contend with and the thousands of altcoins now available, choosing the best crypto to invest-in in 2023 is even more difficult.
That said, we’ve done the hard yards for you by checking out various coins’ whitepapers and roadmaps to come up with 5 of the best altcoins for 2023. Let’s dig in to learn more.
Hashbon was established in 2016 for individual and business payments. Hashbon sets itself apart from the other digital assets with its 0% transaction commission on cryptocurrency payment transactions. Hence, you don’t have to worry about annoying fees that eat into your coins – you get the same amount you are converting.
Hashbon’s platform complies with KYC policies and supports over 30 cryptocurrencies, including industry leaders such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, Tether, Dash, and Litecoin. The platform has plans to update the list of supported cryptos consistently.
The platform’s easy-to-integrate software architecture enables businesses and individuals to make cryptocurrency transactions globally. This guarantees the safety of your funds, security of your data, transparency, and reliability of transactions.
Hashbon features an easily integrating payment gateway with a single line of code. This allows businesses to automate crypto to fiat conversion processes.
Hashbon launched its utility token, the Hash token, on 4th February 2021. HASH is designed for stability in the ever-volatile market, making it one of the best coins to invest in. Compiled with BEP-20 and ERC-20, HASH is secure and transparent. There are 1 billion HASH tokens, with 80% of these going into supply.
If you’re interested in the altcoin, you can track it in BSCScan or Etherscan.
Features of HASH
- HASH grants lower exchange rates for its holders looking to convert fiat to crypto or crypto to fiat currency.
- HASH is listed on Coinsbit, making it possible for holders to participate in the company’s active trading and community
- Electronic bill generation sent through WhatsApp or email facilitates traditional processing of transactions through Payoneer, PayPal, iDeal, SEPA, MasterCard, or VISA.
- Cross-border and freelance mass payouts
- Secure following its compliance with European AML policy
Binance is a well-known cryptocurrency exchange platform and the largest by trade volume. It launched its token, the Binance coin, in 2017. The altcoin was introduced to enable users to pay Binance transaction fees and be traded for other cryptos.
Binance coin is among the few altcoins, including Ethereum, to offer Non-Fungible Tokens (NFT).
Binance Exchange upgraded into a marketplace for creating, selling, and buying of NFTs. The platform’s two markets will serve an expensive clientele with auctions and exhibitions as well as the minting of new tokens. The auctions earn the platform a decent amount of money by cutting some of its proceeds.
There are about 153.43 million BNB tokens in circulation with a market capitalization of 99.096 billion. BNB has a trading volume of 4 billion and was recently trading at $646.71.
Features of Binance coin
- Gives access to the Binance ecosystem.
- Facilitates transactions on the platform.
- BNB can be used to settle transaction fees
- Holders of the coin can use it to pay for in-store purchases.
Merchant is a new altcoin that recently launched its ICO on 1 April 2021. The Merchant Protocol and Token were developed by HIPs Group, a platform that offers an omnichannel payment gateway to businesses. It enables businesses, ISOs, and ISVs to offer online payment services and payment terminals to their customers.
Merchant Protocol is a unique project that onboards a new concept of consumer protection, shifting from the traditional card payment to blockchains supporting smart contracts.
The token is registered in Sweden and conforms to the European KYC policy. Anyone can use the Merchant Token, but it is restricted in Canada and the USA.
The token is listed on the most popular exchanges and has crypto-to-crypto trading pairs with Ethereum and Litecoin. Merchant Token can also be exchanged for fiat currency, including the USD and EUR.
The ICO is ongoing, and the MTO ICO price is at $1.20. The token has a market capitalization of $37,404,503, and 50,000,000 coins are on sale.
Features of MTO
- MTO comes with a unique way to settle business disputes with its Automatic Dispute Management (ADM) concept.
- MTO holders can perform work for extra token earnings hence increasing their holdings.
- The protocol provides real-time transactions with low transaction fees.
- Supports backward compatible DeFi protocols such as ISO8583 which payment of cryptos in existing and standard terminal messages.
New projects coming into the crypto market are bringing a lot of innovative ways of cryptocurrency trading. Take Nexo, for instance, a lending platform that allows traders to lend their digital assets. NEXO was founded in 2018 and works in almost a similar fashion to conventional banks by connecting lenders to borrowers for an interest.
Nexo supports more than 40 cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, USDT, USDC, Ethereum, DAI, PAXG, and EOS. To take a loan, borrowers have to collateralize their assets.
The Nexo platform also has a token called the NEXO coin. It is an asset-backed token used to pay dividends earned by the coin holders. Nexo has a dividend policy that provides 30% of its profits to be shared out as dividends to NEXO coin holders.
NEXO’s price as of this writing stood at $3.99 with a market cap of over $2B. There are about 560 million in circulation.
Features of NEXO token
- NEXO offers up to a 50% discount on interest accumulated by those staking the token.
- Clients can get 25% higher interest if their NEXO accounts have idle assets.
- NEXO holders are entitled to a 30% share of the NEXO profits.
- Customers on NEXO must comply with the KYC policy, which is fully automated.
- NEXO wallet is provided for staking or holding of NEXO tokens.
- NEXO offers up to 5 crypto withdrawals without any charges every month.
Investing in altcoins can be quite tricky due to the volatility of the market and the obvious threat of scammers. If you’re hell-bent on cryptocurrency investment, the best approach would be to spread the risk across these several cryptos. However, while there are many more altcoins that you can go for, these 5 altcoins stand out from the crowd.