Video editing apps allow you to cut clips, adjust the content of videos, and perform other material changes. The number or type of features depends on the specific editor. Some apps are focused on the simplest changes. In contrast, others are focused on full-fledged video editing with superimposing sounds. Suppose you’re just getting started with video color correction and don’t want to pay a monthly subscription. In that case, this list of Top 10 Free Video Editing Software in 2021 will help you choose the one that best suits your needs.
VideoProc is good free editing software. It allows you to adjust the video length, playback speed, resolution, and file extension without worrying about audio and video synchronization. The video editor has a unique feature called “MKV Multi-Track.” It allows you to combine various audio, video, or subtitles into a single MKV file.
- Audio recording and editing tools.
- Simple interface.
- A set of essential functions for capturing video sequences: slicing, simple editing, transcoding, and recompression, changing the frame rate and bitrate, and recording video.
2. Fastreel Video Merger
Fastreel Video Merger is the best video editing free software that supports online editing. With it, you can edit video content in real-time, import files of any quality, and create video clips from your browser. It also composes and processes fragments, removes unnecessary areas, and puts musical accompaniments and interesting special effects in the project.
- Add transitions between clips.
- Secure your files from third-party interaction.
- There’s no need to download software; it’s easy to use online.
Overall, Fastreel Video Merger is a simple and easy-to-use video editor. Its app does not require special knowledge, purchase, and installation of paid software or any special equipment.
Shotcut is a free video editing program. It performs similarly to professional video editors. The program can interact with graphics, sound, and video speed. There is elementary 3D animation, which is rarely offered in free video editing. A beginner will cut and break the video without guides, which is a huge plus for such tools.
- Easy to use. However, the interface can confuse beginners at the beginning.
- Customize the program to your needs. Leave only the necessary tools in the window.
- Supports color and brightness, contrast, and saturation adjustments.
- Allows social media post scheduling.
ActionDirector, as follows from the name, specializes in “action movies.” It is the best free movie maker for action shots. Whether you want to add slow motion to your latest maneuver or combine your last surfing moves, this is your app.
- Movie editing tutorial for making action hits.
- Make your soundtrack by using music.
- Easy to add music and voice acting, as in other non-linear editors.
- Easy to change the size of the canvas: square, horizontal, vertical.
WeVideo is a great option for both experienced and beginners. The program has a simple and intuitive interface for everyone to follow. Hints built into the service will help you add effects, animations, and titles. The program can create a video clip for you. You just need to add a video and photo; then, choose the music you like.
- Built-in stock context.
- +100 features – you can even add a green screen.
- Web and mobile display.
- Cloud-based storage.
The disadvantages are the inability to work with large complex projects and large materials. Primarily due to the low speed of data exchange with a remote server.
VSDC is a free windows video editor. It has advanced features for professional video editing. It will not be easy for beginners to use it for the first time, despite the tutorial materials. For such users, the free option for this program may be more important criteria than convenience. However, it is a perfect tool for bloggers and YouTubers. It allows them to upload videos directly to social networking services. VSDC Video Editor supports the most popular video formats in up to 4K resolution. You can save videos for specific devices. In addition to its main functionality, VSDC Video Editor contains other tools. Among them are video format converter, video recording from an external source, video recording from the screen, voice recording, and disk recording.
- Non-linear: allows you to place the video in any position on the timeline and at any size.
- Masking: you can mask, highlight, or blur certain elements.
- Provide motion tracking movements of any object on the video.
Lightworks is an easy-to-use tool that can even process commercial films. The editor does an excellent job of processing video fragments. We can recommend it for people who create TV shows and run various blogs. The interface here is non-standard, but after 3-4 processed videos, it will be easy to use the program. Among the many features, Lightworks supports the creation and editing of 3D works. There is also no need for a powerful computer for video editing. That’s what Lightworks is chosen for, even by professionals.
- Sound effects and professional audio plugins.
- Editing: dynamic storyboard, built-in timelines, special effects chains at four different levels.
- Professional grading options, video stabilization, motion tracking, and a plugin for correcting lens distortion.
Avidemux is another piece of good free editing software. This editor is more interesting for beginners. You do not need to buy it or pass tutorials for using it. It has a simple interface that includes classic editing tools: cropping, filtering, and basic size adjustment. There are no special effects or transitions in the utility, as it is an entry-level program.
- Fast video processing.
- Easy to install and master.
- Free distribution; multithreading is present.
However, the main disadvantage is its modest set of tools.
9. OpenShot Video Editor
OpenShot Video Editor is a trendy tool for editing videos and in the middle between professional and amateur programs. Creating a movie with it won’t be easy, but it’s great for self-editing videos. Also, its interface is way too different from similar programs. But yet, it will not take any difficulties to understand.
- Supports Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
- Make an unlimited number of layers when editing videos and audio.
- Has a set of various video optimization tools.
- Enables 3D animation, the addition of headers, control of playback speed, and reversibility.
10. Pinnacle Studio
Pinnacle Studio. The developers of Pinnacle Studio wanted to create a video editing application that would be suitable for beginners and professionals. Indeed, they managed to create an easy-to-understand interface and a wide range of functions.
- Improved editor engine: more than 2000 effects in the set.
- Nice interface with a functional timeline.
- Well-organized “help” system.
- Availability of plugins.
- Many “smart” features simplify interaction with audio and video files.
Pinnacle Studio’s disadvantage is that it takes time to save the finished project, and it emphasizes more on template effects.
To Sum up, to create fantastic videos, you need a creative approach, a non-standard view of things, and, of course, knowledge of the video’s editing software. If you are ready to build up your creativity, train your vision, and learn from the best. Our list will help you choose the best free movie editor.